This post may contain affiliate links.
I love pinning many images on Pinterest but something’s missing. Do you have the Pinterest account? If not, it’s all right. Have you installed the Yoast SEO on your blog yet? If not, it is okay. Have you installed rich pins yet? If not, no worries. Let’s process the step-by-step to set up rich pins on Pinterest.
Before setting up rich pins, I had fun pinning many images on Pinterest. When I pinned one of the images on Pinterest, something was strange because I noticed so many pins with the bold titles and description. I was absolutely puzzled where to get the bold titles from pins; I went on my research about bold titles and description from pins. Oh, right, right, right… 🙂 Now I understand how this works.
How To Set Up “Rich Pins” on Pinterest
What are Rich Pins?
Rich Pins are pins that contain the exact information right on Pinterest; the six types of the Rich Pins are app, movie, recipe, article, place, and product. And it shows that the black bold title and description on Pinterest. Once you install the Yoast SEO in your WordPress.org on the account of setting up rich pins, Pinterest must add the meta tags to your blog.
Step 1: Install the Yoast SEO plugin
- In your WordPress.org Dashboard, go to “Plugins” and click “Add new.”
- Type “Yoast SEO”.
- Install the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Activate the Yoast SEO.
- Go to the “Social” tab under the Yoast SEO settings.
- Click on “Facebook” and make sure that you check on “Add Open Graph meta data” button enabled.
Step 2: Set up Rich Pins
- Click Pinterest’s Rich Pins Validator.
- Add your post link from your blog. Do not worry about which one of your post links you want. Choose any post links you want to link.
- Lastly, click “Validate.”
Step 3: Your application is to be applied
- After validating, you will see the message: “your pin’s been validated!”
- Click “apply now.” A pop-up message will appear with your website’s domain and “HTML tags.”
- Again, click “apply now.”
Consequently, Pinterest will approve your application within a few days. Once your application approves, you will notice that all your pins with your website name and icon appear. And you will see that all your pins show the bold titles on top of your pinnable images and meta description.
By the way, congratulations on your new “Rich Pins”!